There is nothing better than the cool comfort of your air conditioned home when the sun is blazing away outside. From your window, you can see the flowers wilting, soil caking up, and dry lines of heat spiraling upwards. You feel sad for the flowers, but thank your lucky stars for the cool comfort that you have indoors. And nothing, absolutely nothing can lure you out of your home when the angry sun is scorching outside.
Well, you may not feel so lucky if your air conditioner decides to take rest for some time!
If you are not in the habit of maintaining your cooling system, you are sure to experience this situation sooner or later. Periodic cleaning and maintenance is critical for your air condition system’s health. Problems occur when dirt, dust and debris accumulate. Plus the ducts may develop leaks or may get clogged due to long periods of use. These are typical problems that occur when periodic cleaning does not take place.
If you find it difficult to remember to get the periodic cleaning done, the best thing to do is to hire a professional to do the job. Tie up with a HVAC contractor in your neighborhood and you can rest assured that your air conditioner will not let you down.
Services Rendered by a Good HVAC Contractor
A good professional agency will have experienced technicians to deliver periodic maintenance services. Here is a list of services a good contractor will provide. He will,
- Evaluate the air conditioners, checking the size of the system, its layout and features
- Survey and report the services required
- Check the duct system
- Inspect the insulation
- Check for air leaks and fix them
- Measure the air flow in the ducts
- Inspect the drains and the drain pipes
- Check and lubricate the moving parts
- Test the airflow and static pressure
- Inspect the system controls and the thermostat
- Educate homeowners on cleaning indoor coils and filters
- Provide alerts on any part that shows signs of weakening
- Educate on the benefits of programmable thermostats and appropriate models of air conditioning based on the size of the house
- Carry out the maintenance activities periodically and on time
These are expert air conditioner maintenance services that only a professional HVAC technician can offer. He will also guide you on the annual energy cost and the cost of a new operating system, if he sees the need to replace your existing system. In addition to these, you will also benefit from his experience when it comes to conserving energy and minimizing operation expenses.
Once you build a good relationship with him, customer satisfaction will take priority over service costs. So, here is your peace of mind! No more worries and stress about the periodic cleaning and maintenance of your air conditioner. Your contractor will look after it and the fee you will pay him will be worth every penny spent.
Go ahead and make the decision. Start looking for a good HVAC technician and you are sure to find one near you. Your friends could be of great help in your search, so move on and start your first towards that important peace.